Recently I was travelling abroad with my new Pixel 10 pro and I noticed the GPS accuracy was way off. It hardly correctly pin pointed my exact location. It was a disaster to hail a taxi using an app like Grab or Uber. I was wondering if that's an issue with my phone or something else.
Actually it was both.
It turns out weather, sky scrapers in a dense city could impact GPS accuracy significantly. So, it is expected to have a messy GPS when you're in a new city.
I found two things I needed to follow from my end.
1. First mistake I did was battery saver! I had battery saver on for most of my time coz I was on the road and wasn't sure when to charge. It turns out the battery saver takes away some good part of the GPS accuracy. So, whenever you hail a taxi, make sure to turn off battery saver on your phone.
2. Improved GPS accuracy settings.
Android GPS Settings
Go to Settings > Location > Location Services > Google Location Accuracy, and turn on Improve Location Accuracy.
Enable Wi-Fi scanning and Bluetooth scanning in the location services menu to let your phone use nearby wireless signals for better fixes.
iPhone GPS Settings
Open Settings > Privacy & Security > Location Services and make sure it is turned on.
Go to Settings > Privacy & Security > Analytics & Improvements and turn on Improve AR Location Accuracy for enhanced spatial data.
Comments
Post a Comment